Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Status: Full Time
Location: 515 S. Haven Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Volunteer Services Support Manager located in Baltimore, MD. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, this may be the perfect fit. If where you work truly matters, apply today!
This role supports recruiting, training and managing the pool of volunteers necessary to deliver quality services and meet the mission of Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland. You will also engage in outreach efforts with special groups and corporate partners, and provides training, & placement of volunteers.
Managing data for the Volunteer Services program is key to the recruiting process including the new volunteer applications and screenings, timecards, and statistics for volunteer hours and mileage reports; manages the volunteer data base ensuring all volunteer information is entered accurately and integrated into the donor data base.
Speaking to groups and organizations is a great way to engage our community and volunteers. These groups can include churches, congregations, schools, community groups, and businesses, inspiring people to become involved in service to others through volunteerism and works to establish corporate ‘lunch bunch’ groups, third party fundraising events, and ‘special projects to initiate and deepen engagement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of methods and current trends in recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with volunteers and paid staff
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Strong organization and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong technology skills with ability to work in a data base
- Bachelor’s degree in management, administration or a job-related field
- Three years of work experience in a volunteer-based organization or non-profit organization
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Possesses his/her own vehicle
Health insurance, vision and eye care, life insurance, short term disability insurance, 401k that includes company match and discretionary contributions, mileage reimbursement and much more!
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying to email@example.com.