DEPARTMENT: Adult Services
REPORTS TO: Community Integration Manager
The Residential Assistant is responsible for providing support to the individuals living in Linwood’s residences. The Residential Assistant assists in the implementation of each resident’s Individual Plan (IP) and Behavior Plan (BP). This support includes facilitating the resident’s achievement of personalized goals that are tailored to his/her needs and ability. The Residential Assistant will work cooperatively with other assistants in the home, the Residential Team Leader, Program Manager and other Linwood’s staff.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, however AA Degree is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disability.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of fundamental rights and self-determination and assure that the individuals in the house are afforded these rights.
- Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, patience and compassion.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with Linwood staff, parents, employers and other professionals.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
For a full description of the position, please visit our website at: www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer