The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) plans and implements communication services for the students of Linwood Center. The SLP assesses and diagnoses the students' communication abilities and develops individualized educational plans consistent with treatment goals. The SLP manages the behavior of students to create a safe physical and emotional treatment environment. The SLP mentors and supervises speech-language pathology students and speech-language pathology assistants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and diagnoses communication needs through assessment, observation, referral and consultation practices.
- Plans, develops, and implements individualized educational programs in accordance with communication goals and students’ abilities.
- Communication Methods. Devises implements and manages use of augmentative and alternative communication displays and devices. Manages all aspects of communication services caseload.
- Behavioral Intervention. Manages student behavior to encourage the best possible student therapeutic experience.
Interacts with and participates in consultations with supervisors, teachers, family members and specialists as appropriate.
- Professional Development. Trains staff and family members regarding various communication issues (i.e. augmentative communication, communication development, special needs of specific populations, etc.) Supervises speech-language pathology students and speech-language pathology assistants.
- Prepares appropriate documentation and reports on student progress consistent with state and federal regulations for Medicaid reimbursement.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid license from the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association preferred.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with Linwood staff, parents, school system personnel, and other professionals.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to pass a State and Federal Background check
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
Linwood offers the following benefits to their employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
Please apply for opportunity on Company Website www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer