Job Title: Service Delivery Driver
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part Time
Supervisor: Service Operations Manager
Team Members are expected to display City Seeds’ 7 Core Values at all times:
1. Determined to make a difference
2. Embracing change
3. Be incredibly friendly & positive
4. Overcoming any objective
5. Growth & Success
6. Serve great food
7. Serve & Respect others
SUMMARY: The Service Delivery Driver will include delivery and setup of catering services to local businesses, Client homes, hotels, corporate/local venues, retail locations. Position requires a Valid Drivers License for driving our vans to client locations, professional conduct while representing City Seeds and a positive, friendly personality. The Service Delivery Driver will participate and work with the Banquet Staff/ Catering Coordinator and the Executive Committee to ensure maximum efficiency. The Service Delivery Driver shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times.This individual will be responsible for exemplifying City Seeds’ 7 Core Values & Culture.
· High school diploma or 2 years of equivalent experience
· Knowledge of basic banquet service
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
· Exceptional guest-focus
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English; Fluency in other languages beneficial
· Ability to operate LCD projector, laptop computer, overhead projector, TVs and monitors, kitchen equipment
· Good Driving record and a valid Maryland Driver’s License
· 21 years of age or older
· Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
· Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be professional
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
· Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
· Possess strong organizational and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of banquet service, coffee breaks, buffets, table settings and service ware.
· Ability to grasp, lift/ carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded space.
· Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Deliver food products to customers within the Baltimore area in a timely manner.
2. Assist servers with the setting and clearing of banquet tables, stocking service stations and assist with buffet/ coffee break/ table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
3. Be able to discuss food and setup with customers and provide support where needed.
4. Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes and silverware as needed.
5. Store food in designated containers and storage facilities to prevent spoilage as needed.
6. Package and label foods as needed.
7. Load and unload catering orders.
8. Delivery, set up, and clean up.
9. Assists servers and management with the setting, decoration, and breakdown/ removal of buffets and coffee breaks.
10. Assist with the setting of banquet tables for a full-service meal. Quickly clear dirty banquet table settings and prepare table breakdown/ removal.
11. Safely deliver carts of dirty dishes/flatware/glassware to kitchen for washing.
12. Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meals with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
13. Transport all needed service materials and props to banquet/function rooms and storage.
14. Deliver, setup and breakdown table and chairs, using dollies as needed.
15. Deliver, setup and breakdown Party Goods, including flatware, glassware, dinnerware, linens, and other special event equipment packed in boxes in excess of 60 lbs. These items need special handling and loading on the trucks.
16. Deliver, setup and breakdown Furniture & Design Elements - more delicate pieces, like furniture, shelving, foam or wood decor pieces, rugs etc. Most of these items are wrapped on delivery to protect them from damage.
17. Load truck efficiently (to make deliveries with the least amount of rearranging) and with the safety of the equipment and personnel in mind.
18. Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading to ensure their quality before delivery.
19. Double check delivery items to make sure customers receive exactly what is on the contract.
20. Instruct customers on equipment operation if applicable.
21. Secure customer signature whenever necessary.
22. Large loads or equipment requiring two or more people should be arranged so that help can be available at stops when needed.
23. Maintain an accurate log, noting any irregularities, special circumstances, or delivery carts left on site.
24. Notify manager if behind schedule so customers can be contacted.
25. Clean out truck after route.
26. Inspect truck post-shift, note repairs that become necessary and any damage to the vehicle on log.
27. Be available for special events and occasions requiring non-standard working hours.
28. Obey traffic laws and drive courteously.
29. Accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain communication with other team members, reporting employees, and supervisor regarding clients’ status/ needs.
2. Participate in agency activities and the organization’s continuing learning on issues of racial equity and equity in general.
3. To maintain continuity, 2 weeks’ notice must be given upon resignation.
At City Seeds, a Humanim social enterprise, you’ll perform meaningful work, make a difference in the
lives of the people we serve, and find the support and training it takes to grow as a professional. Our mission is to develop the best culinary job opportunities, cultivate the savviest food entrepreneurs, support the finest local food businesses, and have the most delicious social impact in Baltimore. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, including paid time off, medical insurance, and tuition reimbursement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
APPLY TODAY @: www.humanim.org/careers