The School Nurse will provide nursing case management services to a caseload of individuals with autism and related disabilities in our school program. The nurse will ensure the delivery of safe school health services to students and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The School Nurse provides services that include:
- assessing individuals’ health needs
- developing care plans
- Supervising direct support professionals in implementing delegated nursing tasks and medication administration in compliance with COMAR 10.27.11.
- Serves as liaison with physicians, other healthcare professionals, and family members.
- Maintains appropriate nursing documentation including 45 day reviews.
- Provides staff training.
- Participates as an integral member of each individual’s support team.
- Available for on-call responsibilities for the school.
- On-call for Linwood Nursing Team via telephone triage to cover absences.
- Administers medications and treatments to students as ordered by the physician.
- Maintenance of current orders (contacting parents and physicians).
- Maintenance of Health Suite Log, supplies, medications and children’s charts.
- Participates in health promotion and accident prevention activities for students.
- Collaborates with school administrators regarding school health services issues.
- Apprises school staff of health and safety issues.
- Serves as liaison, consultant, and resource person with students, parents, school staff, related services personnel, and the community.
- Monitors and reports environmental health concerns.
- Plans with appropriate school personnel, modifications of the school program.
- Participates in the school referral process for students as appropriate.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Valid and active Maryland RN license, BSN or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Active CPR/AED certification for healthcare professionals.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in human services and with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or working as a school nurse, preferred.
- Mandated Case Manager/Delegating Nurse Program-School Health training.
- Familiarity with teaching students, providing direct nursing care in a school, recognizing physiological and psychological problem in students, maintain/analyzing and interpreting health records and medical reports.
- Possess some knowledge of special education law, amendments, COMAR regulations.
In addition, must possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once and ensure proper follow through as needed
- A high level of commitment to take initiative and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively with family members/guardians, team members
- A keen interest in improving the quality of life for the individuals served by Linwood Center, Inc.
Linwood Center currently offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Annual/Sick/Personal Leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Match
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance
- Bereavement Leave
Pay Rate: $35 an hour
Please apply for an Opportunity on Company Website at www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center Is An Equal Opportunity Employer