The S.A.F.E. Food Pantry's mission is to educate, inspire, and engage the community about the necessity for gluten free and allergy-friendly food and provide that safe food to those in need. Responsibilities of the Board members include:
- Understand and promote organization's mission through advocacy;
- Gain a working knowledge of the organization's programs, services and delivery models;
- Be a working member of at least one Board committee, work group or project annually;
- Hold a leadership role in the organization as an Officer or Committee Chair;
- Be willing to try a new leadership role within the organization in the future;
- Review Board meeting materials before the meeting;
- Actively participate in Board meetings;
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers to fill open positions;
- Offer to assist with organizational activities;
- Advocate for the organization;
- Help to educate the community;
- Identify and/or avoid conflicts of interest;
- Be respectful of differing opinions;
- Be open minded to diverse ideas.
Time demands include:
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of Board meetings in a 12-month period:
- Bimonthly meetings on 2nd Thursday of July, September, November, January, March, and May.
- Annual Sessions: One or two work sessions annually;
- Board Committees: Participation in Education/Communications or Fundraising Committee and complete necessary tasks – 2-5 hours per month;
- Other Events: Attend at least one to two events per year - time varies by event ;
- General Volunteering: Assist with operations and program needs – 2-5 hours per month;
- Review Board Meeting Materials: Materials will be sent out approximately 4 days prior to the meeting for review - 1-3 hours every other month.