The Residential Team Leader is a member of the residential department team and under the direction of the Residential Program Manager is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day functions in the house. This includes securing the well-being and safety of the residents. Overseeing the residential house and reporting maintenance and repair issues in the house to the supervisor. The Residential Team Leader is directly responsible to the Residential Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the house, residents, and ensuring that the day to day functions of the house runs smoothly and in accordance with required regulations.
- Participation in the development of the Person Centered Planning (PCP) and Behavior Plans for each of the individuals in the house and implementing and documenting the portion of the plan(s) related to the individual in the residential program.
- Providing support and guidance to the individuals in the house to ensure the following:
- That the house, the appliances, the vehicles and the equipment are safe, operational and in good working order.
- That the individuals are engaged in meaningful activities that address the outcomes in their PCPs.
- That the fundamental rights of each adult in the house are protected.
- Overseeing and assisting the individuals in the house with menus, food preparation, housekeeping, personal care, laundry and other activities of daily living.
- Planning and coordinating appropriate leisure, social and daily living activities in the residence and in the community. This includes transporting the individuals to and from their destinations. These activities also include shopping trips and medical, dental and mental health appointments.
- During medical, dental and mental health appointments, the Residential Team Leader is an agent of Linwood and will exchange appropriate and accurate information with the healthcare professional and interact with the pharmacist to obtain medications. The Residential Team Leader shall be trained by Linwood’s nurses and will carry out the duties as Certified Medication Technician delegated by the nurses as prescribed by the Board of Nursing and DDA.
- Assuming responsibility for the individuals in the house during the day when they are unable to attend the day program (e.g. for illness, inclement weather, etc.).
- Meet deadlines and complete all necessary paperwork. This includes quarterly reports, monthly reports, fire drill records, attendance records, weight charts, house receipts, daily log book, etc.
- Timely attendance and participation in clinical meetings and medication reviews with the Medical Director.
- Account for money that belongs to the individuals per Linwood’s policy and procedures regarding the Protection of Finances and Personal Property.
- Ensure that all documentation in Medical Books and Individual Plan books is up-to-date, accurate and properly filed. The responsibility for the proper maintenance and condition of all individuals files rest solely on the Residential Team Leader.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required. However, an Associate Degree is preferred
- Two years of experience working as a Residential Team Leader or a House Manager
- Three years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to write coherent and succinct reports.
- Must demonstrate the ability to organize and properly document that which is required by regulation and by Linwood.
- Must also demonstrate an understanding of adult rights and self-determination and assure that the adult individuals in the house are afforded these rights.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with others.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must obtain all trainings as required by DDA and Linwood within the time frames specified.
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer