The Residential Program Manager shall assist the Residential Director in ensuring the overall effective operation of Linwood Center’s residential programs, in accordance with applicable Local, State and Federal regulations, agency policies and procedures. S/he is responsible for managing program operations, including the medical, business and safety aspects of the program. The Residential Program Manager shall work at least 40 hours per week including some weekend hours for supervision as well as being on-call.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Hire new staff, assign mentors and monitor staff’s performance in conjunction with Human Resources. This includes establishing incentive programs, conducting disciplinary actions and keeping track of staff feedback and recommendations.
- Participate in all necessary meetings to achieve programmatic and regulatory compliance. These meetings include, but are not limited to, Residential Team Leader meetings, bi-weekly house meetings, Person Centered Planning Meetings (PCP) and others as needed.
- Ensure that PCP are implemented with integrity by all residential staff and appropriate data collection occurs.
- Coordinate with Day Program and staff to communicate pertinent information regarding each resident. This information may include, but is not limited to, medical updates, behavior updates, and any important changes in the resident’s home environment.
- Meet with appropriate staff on a regular and timely basis to ensure that program objectives, treatment techniques and policy implementation are being carried out.
- Schedule all work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of staff.
- Conduct regular camera checks on each house to ensure the integrity of program implementation, and immediately address any concerns viewed on the camera footage.
- Conduct announced and unannounced site visits to each residential house to evaluate staff performance and program implementation.
- Provide feedback to the Residential Director in evaluating staff performance.
- Make recommendations to the Residential Director to ensure staffing, equipment, materials and supplies are appropriate and sufficient to guarantee the therapeutic and general well-being of the residents.
- Ensure that the facilities and services provided adequately meet the physical, social and developmental needs of all residents and that there is adequate protection of each resident’s health, safety, comfort, well-being, civil, human and legal rights.
- Coordinate with the Residential Director to ensure that a supervisor is available twenty-four hours per day for emergencies, consultations, etc.
- Work with placement agencies to identify and enroll new students/residents.
- Assemble handbooks, binders, public relations materials, new residents’ admissions packets, and PCP’s.
- Coordinate and track PCP meetings, meetings with personnel from placement agencies, licensing authorities, partnering organizations, vendors, etc.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned, including serving as a House Manager.
This position has supervisory responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to communicate with and provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and who are experiencing behavioral challenges.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license without restrictions and with minimal violations.
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening process which includes fingerprinting for state and national background checks, driving record check, physical exam, drug screen and tb (tuberculosis/mantoux) screening.
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.