The House Supervisor is a member of the Residential Department Team and under the direction of the Residential Program Manager is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day functions in the house. This includes but are not limited to securing the well-being and safety of the residents as well as the supervision and training of the Residential Assistants. Overseeing the residential house and reporting maintenance and repair issues in the house to the supervisor. The House Supervisor is directly responsible to the Residential Program Manager.
The House Supervisor must be able to write coherent and succinct reports and must demonstrate the ability to organize and properly document that which is required by regulation and by Linwood. The House Supervisor must also demonstrate an understanding of human rights and assure that the residents in the house are afforded these rights. The House Supervisor must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Linwood’s philosophy and demonstrate the ability to teach Linwood’s methods and philosophy to others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the house, residents, employees and ensuring that the day to day functions of the house runs smoothly and in accordance with required regulations.
- The House Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the enforcement of the Time and Attendance policy and procedures by the employees that they supervise.
- The House Supervisor is responsible for the supervision, mentoring and training of new and current employees and ensuring that they have the tools and resources necessary to do their job.
- Responsibilities also include working with the Training Specialist to ensure that all employee trainings are completed in a timely manner, or by the designated timeframe.
- The House Supervisor is also responsible for the enforcement of DDA, DHR and any other licensing requirements with their employees.
- Responsibilities also include maintaining the up-keeping of the house and property.
- Ensuring the rapid response to needs and request by Upper Management and Department Heads.
- Ensuring the enforcement of employees’ work schedule that is created by the Residential Program Manager is followed.
- Responsibilities also include ensuring that all disciplinary and termination write-ups for employees are written and submitted to the Residential Program Manager in a timely manner for review.
- Ensure that all disciplinary write-ups are conducted in a timely manner with the employee(s).
- Ensure that performance reviews are completed and submitted timely to the Program Manager to be reviewed and signed off on.
- Participation in the development of the Person Centered Planning (PCP) and Behavior Plans for each of the individuals in the house and implementing and documenting the portion of the plan(s) related to the individual in the residential program.
- Providing support and guidance to the individuals in the house to ensure the following:
- That the house, the appliances, the vehicles and the equipment are safe, operational and in good working order.
- That the individuals are engaged in meaningful activities that address the outcomes in their PCPs.
- That the fundamental rights of each adult in the house are protected.
- Overseeing and assisting the individuals in the house with menus, food preparation, housekeeping, personal care, laundry and other activities of daily living.
- Planning and coordinating appropriate leisure, social and daily living activities in the residence and in the community. This includes transporting the individuals to and from their destinations. These activities also include shopping trips and medical, dental and mental health appointments.
- During medical, dental and mental health appointments, the House Supervisor is an agent of Linwood and will exchange appropriate and accurate information with the healthcare professional and interact with the pharmacist to obtain medications. The House Supervisor shall be trained by Linwood’s nurses and will carry out the duties as Certified Medication Technician delegated by the nurses as prescribed by the Board of Nursing and DDA.
- Assuming responsibility for the individuals in the house during the day when they are unable to attend the day program (e.g. for illness, inclement weather, etc.).
- Meet deadlines and complete all necessary paperwork. This includes quarterly reports, monthly reports, fire drill records, attendance records, weight charts, house receipts, daily log book, etc.
- Timely attendance and participation in clinical meetings and medication reviews with the Medical Director.
- Account for money that belongs to the individuals per Linwood’s policy and procedures regarding the Protection of Finances and Personal Property.
- Ensure that all documentation in Medical Books and Individual Plan books is up-to-date, accurate and properly filed. The responsibility for the proper maintenance and condition of all individuals files rest solely on the House Supervisor.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required. However, an Associate Degree is preferred
- Two (2) years of experience working as a House Manager, House Supervisor or Residential Team Leader.
- Three (3) years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to write coherent and succinct reports.
- Must demonstrate the ability to organize and properly document that which is required by regulation and by Linwood.
- Must also demonstrate an understanding of adult rights and self-determination and assure that the adult individuals in the house are afforded these rights.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with others.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must obtain all trainings as required by DDA and Linwood within the time frames specified.
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer