JOB TITLE: Relief Driver
SUPERVISOR: Transportation Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have had a class C license for a minimum of 5 years and
have broad knowledge of Howard County and surrounding county
roads. Experience driving a 14 passenger van desired. Must be
able to participate in and pass all agency mandated trainings,
including CPR, First Aid and written exams. Ability to relate well to
staff and board members of different races, ethnicities, genders,
sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, and religions.
A. Driving Duties
1. Drive vans to transport individuals with disabilities to and from Humanim’s day programs or employment.
2. Maintain safety precautions that affect both the vehicle and the passengers.
3. Conduct scheduled runs in a timely manner.
4. Cross-training on other runs as instructed.
5. Coordinate with office regarding Incident Reports promptly, whenever necessary.
6. Follow the cell phone and gasoline policies.
7. Complete all required trainings on time.
B. Vehicle Maintenance
1. Observe the van and do accurate maintenance checks.
2. Take van for oil changes, emissions testing and repairs as needed.
3. Clean the vehicle as needed.
C. Paperwork Duties
Maintain the log book for vehicle mileage.
Turn in maintenance sheets on time.
Maintain van emergency book
Participate in transportation meetings and special department trainings.
Participate in agency-wide events where appropriate
Participates in the organization’s continuing learning on issues of racial equity and equity in general.
All positions at Humanim are to encourage supported employment for those people we serve who have expressed an interest in such employment, including consumers with long term mental illness. To that end, every employee will promptly refer any consumer with an interest in obtaining supported employment to appropriate Vocational Staff and will actively participate as needed in the Evidence-Based Practice in supported employment initiative/model.
APPLY TODAY @: www.humanim.org/careers