Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide services that include assessing health needs and developing care plans, as needed.
· Supervising direct support professionals in implementing delegated nursing tasks and medication administration in compliance with COMAR 10.27.11.
· Oversees the administration of medication by CMTs, including completing accuracy checks of all Medication Administration Records to ensure errors are not occurring.
· Serves as liaison with physicians, other healthcare professionals, and family members.
· Maintains appropriate nursing documentation including 45 day reviews.
· Provides staff training.
· Participates as an integral member of each individual’s support team.
· Available for on-call responsibilities for the school.
· On-call for Linwood Nursing Team via telephone triage to cover absences.
· Maintenance of current orders (contacting parents and physicians).
· Maintenance of Health Suite Log, supplies, medications and student charts.
· Participates in health promotion and accident prevention activities for students and children in the Residential Program.
· Collaborates with school administrators regarding school health services issues.
· Apprises school and children residential staff of health and safety issues.
· Serves as liaison, consultant, and resource person with students, parents, school staff, related services personnel, and the community.
· Monitors and reports environmental health concerns.
· Plans with appropriate school personnel, modifications of the school program.
· Participates in the school referral process for students as appropriate.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Valid and active Maryland RN license, BSN or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Active CPR/AED certification for healthcare professionals.
· Two (2) years’ experience working in human services and with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or working as a school nurse, preferred.
· Mandated Case Manager/Delegating Nurse Program.
· Familiarity with teaching students, providing direct nursing care in a school, recognizing physiological and psychological problem in students, maintain/analyzing and interpreting health records and medical reports.
· Possess some knowledge of special education law, amendments, COMAR regulations.
In addition, must possess the following:
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Proficient computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once and ensure proper follow through as needed
· A high level of commitment to take initiative and maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to work effectively with family members/guardians, team members
· A keen interest in improving the quality of life for the individuals served by Linwood Center, Inc.
Please apply on Company's Website www.linwoodcenter.org