Project SEARCH Manager
The Arc of Howard County is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Project SEARCH Manager to successfully oversee the daily operations of Howard County's Project SEARCH program. The Project SEARCH Manager will work with the school system staff to identify each student's strengths, interests and abilities related to skill acquisition, job development and placement. The Manager will also be responsible for seeking appropriate community job sites that are consistent with students' interests and skills. Lastly, the manager will act as a liaison for all parties involved.
This position splits working hours between the Arc office and a classroom location within the Howard County Public School system.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits/experience:
- Experience working with youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
- Exhibits an overall positive attitude.
- Utilizes sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to work as a productive team member with families, affiliate school and agency personnel.
- Adaptable in dealing with individual and cultural differences.
- Self-starter who can work with independently
- Proficient with computers
- Bachelor degree preferred