Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc. (“Bridges”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based
in Howard County, MD. Bridges’ mission is to provide a path to self-sufficiency to
prevent and end homelessness through affordable housing solutions and advocacy in
Howard County. Its vision is for a community in which families working toward self-sufficiency
can obtain and maintain housing stability. To that end, Bridges provides
affordable housing and/or case management to households who are precariously
housed and overburdened with rent, facing eviction and at risk of homelessness, or
already homeless. For more information, please see www.bridges2hs.org.
The PA’s primary responsibilities are to provide general office administrative support to
Bridges management and staff and ensure efficient office operations by communicating
effectively with all elements of the Bridges community, including vendors, clients,
donors, and volunteers. The PA also provides administrative assistance to Bridges’
programs, including resources management, file organization, data collection and
reporting of program statistics. The PA also assists management staff with tasks further
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Bridges’ standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Represent Bridges’ mission and standards effectively with the public.
- Serve as first point of contact and record keeper for visitors, general phone calls,
and client-related emails through Bridges’ website.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail ensuring its proper distribution.
- Conduct initial assessment of potential applicants for Bridges services.
- Assist with preparing expense authorizations and documentation as needed.
- Ensure community resources are researched, updated and readily available to
clients and housing advocates, through the website, client emails, and displayed
in the lobby.
- Manage, train and co-ordinate projects for program-related volunteers.
- Coordinate receipt of program related in-kind donations, record in the donor
database and curate materials for articles in social media and the monthly
newsletter to showcase the contributions.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including client support services as needed
- Database Management: Ensure the accuracy and currency of all spreadsheets
related to clients, grants, and program information stored in SharePoint and other
- Homeless Management Information System: Monitor accuracy of data entered to
the system on a regular basis as directed by HSP Management. Look up clients
in the County’s Coordinated System of Homeless Services (CES).
- Filing: Manage day-to-day program filing, which includes creating folders for new
clients, keeping all current files up to date, closing and storing files
- Data Collection: Responsible for the collection and reporting of quarterly
program data statistics.
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Coordinate receipt and distribution of furnishings from donors to clients.
- Attend HSP Staff Meetings, and coordinate training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to Bridges’ vision to increase affordable housing in the County to
prevent and end homelessness
- Associates Degree either in a human services/administration, business or related
field; (Note that 3+ years of relevant experience may be considered in
substitution for education)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Social Media preferred
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of Bridges to Housing Stability, Inc.
resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our
hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different
backgrounds. Bridges is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Hours: This is a full-time (40 hours a week), salaried position.
Supervisor: HR-Office Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Bridges provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short-term
disability, Bridges’ retirement account matching (up to 3% of salary), and flexible leave.