Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field (Education, Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, etc.). Must have at least one year of relevant experience (preferably working with youth with disabilities and/or employment services). Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills and be meticulous to details. Ability to maintain professional and respectful relationships with program and departmental staff, individuals receiving services and all external persons and agencies involved with service provision. Positive team player attitude and customer service driven. Personal Vehicle, valid Maryland Driver’s license required, and car insurance is required.
A. Program Coordination
1. Assist in the recruitment and screening of youth for the transition services program, working collaboratively with school personnel and the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS).
2. Serve as a main point of contact for assigned employer-partnership site(s) and the mentors during the internship portion of the program.
3. Ensure that all youth participants receive high quality work experiences and develop the necessary job readiness skills.
4. Disseminate information to program manager on an ongoing and continuous basis.
5. Act as a liaison to partners by facilitating and sustaining positive and effective relationships.
6. Monitor and track participant progress throughout the duration of involvement with the program.
B. Job Development and Placement
1. Place participants in jobs that match their strengths, abilities, skills, and interests.
2. Develop appropriate full-time/part-time competitive job opportunities with the participants, families, employers, and funding sources.
3. Facilitate communication, as needed, through the application, interview, and hiring processes.
4. Facilitate communication, as needed, for on-the-job orientation of the participants.
5. Follow agency policies and procedures for job development and job placement.
1. Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Properly document and maintain progress notes, on a regular basis, regarding all communications and relevant activities associated with the participants in the program.
3. Enter all data into the Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database within 24-48 hours.
D. Agency/Team Cohesion
1. Actively participate in all team meetings, unit meetings, department staff meetings, general staff meetings, and in-service/training days.
2. Market programs/agency by actively participating in various community and professional committees/groups/organizations.
3. Prepare for and attend regularly scheduled supervision meetings with supervisor.
APPLY TODAY @: www.humanim.org/careers