Linwood Center is currently seeking a Full Time Occupational Therapist for their organization. The OT is responsible for assessing students with various physical, neurological, sensory and perceptual impairments to determine their functional skills within their current educational placements. The OT assesses and diagnoses the students' abilities and develops individualized educational plans consistent with treatment goals. The OT manages the behavior of students to create a safe physical and emotional treatment environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating and screening students identified by teachers and/or school personnel using appropriate assessment instruments pertinent to areas of therapy.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the students.
- Preparing, implementing, and evaluating related services components of the individualized educational plan for each student based on individually assessed needs and in accordance with school system procedures.
- Preparing, implementing and evaluating a plan of care for each student, as needed, in accordance with regulatory procedures.
- Supporting projects and programs designed to serve students in the program. Providing specialized occupational therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of the students.
- Seeking a variety of services through community resources and agencies to meet the needs of our students.
- Consulting with school staff, parents and other professionals on the student’s behalf as necessary.
- Providing adaptive equipment and assistive devices to the students as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Maryland
- Minimum of three years of related professional experience
- Expertise in working with students with an autism spectrum disorder
- Ability to communicate with and provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and who are experiencing behavioral challenges.
Linwood Center currently offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Annual/Sick/Personal Leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Match
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance
- Bereavement Leave
Pay Rate: $67,000- $84,000 Per Year
Please apply for Opportunity on Company Website at www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer