The Association of Community Services (ACS) is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization comprised of over 150 Howard County member organizations and individuals serving Howard County families and individuals. ACS members include: nonprofit organizations, government agencies, businesses, and individuals committed to community service.
ACS strives to provide our member organizations with the connections and skills that they need to effectively meet the needs of both their organizations and the communities they serve. This requires a broad set of skills, open communication, creativity, and teamwork by our staff. While each staff member is assigned responsibility for specific area(s) of work (i.e., Nonprofit Collaborative, Membership, Education and Professional Development, Policy), we all work together to support this work and to ensure that we infuse it with insights gained from our individual experiences and skills, as well as our knowledge of our members and the community.
ACS values and prioritizes racial equity and inclusive diversity. We are stronger and more vital because of the breadth of perspectives, knowledge, and experiences that we share, and our commitment to learn and grow together. To learn more about ACS, please visit our website, www.acshoco.org.
Position Description: The Membership Associate is responsible for the development and implementation of programs and communications that support existing members and recruit new members, as well as internal administrative needs.
• Membership responsibilities include: conducting the annual membership drive, staffing the Membership Committee, establishing relationships with members to ensure that they maximize the benefits of membership, coordinating the annual Humanitarian Awards Luncheon, organizing fundraising opportunities (i.e., annual appeal campaign), and facilitating communications needs (i.e., monthly newsletter, social media, Guide to Community Services).
• Administrative responsibilities include: overseeing and tracking invoices, handling board meeting reminders and preparing meeting packets, bank deposits and classification for bookkeeper, and maintaining the website.
• Additional responsibilities may arise as needed.
This is a part-time position (24 hours per week). The Membership Associate is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and works collaboratively with other staff, consultants, volunteers, and members of the Board of Directors.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a strong commitment to customer service
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
• Experience in event planning and logistics
• Solid computer skills, including database management and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, WordPress, and survey software
• Experience using social media platforms for outreach and engagement
• Demonstrated ability to work in a committee and team-based environment
To Apply: Please send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Priority application deadline: April 15, 2021. Please no phone inquiries about this position.
1. You will be sent notification confirming receipt of application within 1 week.
2. ACS will notify you within 2 weeks of whether or not we will schedule an interview.
3. Upon confirmation of an interview time, you will receive a copy of our organizational culture statement for review in advance