Site Coordinator (Bethany Distribution Site, Ellicott City)
Hours: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Status: Part Time
Location: 8971 Chapel Avenue, Ellicott City, MD 21043
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc., a premiere provider of services to the aging, is committed to providing nutritious and fulfilling meals to homebound individuals. Our dedicated staff and volunteers prepare and deliver over 1 million nutritious meals a year. But Meals on Wheels is more than a meal – we also provide grocery shopping, phone pals, companion visits and other support services to help our clients remain independent and living at home.
Focused on ensuring that we can serve as many people as possible, and remaining true to our mission, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is excited about the opening for a Bethany Site Coordinator located in Ellicott City, MD. If you are excited to contribute to a robust program, playing an integral role in providing assistance to those who need it most, and are fluent in both Korean and English, this may be the perfect fit. If where you work truly matters, apply today!
- Oversees the distribution of individually packaged meals to homebound elderly and disabled Korean community members. Ensures cleanliness and food safety, and maintaining the site.
- Oversees volunteers and part-time delivery drivers.
- Helps identify clients who need additional services, and works with other Meals on Wheels staff to identify resources to meet clients’ needs.
- Assists with volunteer and client recruitment in the community.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with older individuals, disabled individuals, and individuals of all ages and cultures
- Knowledge of and respect for Korean language, and cultural norms and values
- Some knowledge of food handling/sanitation/safety and have, or be willing to obtain ServSafe Certification
- H.S. diploma, ability to fluently speak, read, and write Korean and English and maintain proper records
- Ability to stand and lift up to 40lbs. while working
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
Please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. Cover letter should include the title for which you are applying.
Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
At Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Meals on Wheels of Central MD believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.