The Instructional Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of each student's Individualized Education Program (IEP). The Instructional Assistant provides assistance with instruction, engages students during non-instructional activities, and monitors students while moving to and from various locations and activities. The Instructional Assistant must be able to take direction from all supervisors in implementing best practices and support students through both work tasks and limits set by supervisors. The Instructional Assistant must also demonstrate interest and ability to address the developmental and social emotional needs of individuals with autism. The Instructional Assistant must be energetic and enthusiastic, as well as, patient and understanding. The Instructional Assistant must be flexible enough to work in various classrooms when moved and work cooperatively with all staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively and professionally communicates with supervisors, students, parents/caregivers, and other school staff.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of assigned students’ Behavior Intervention Plans, and implement these plans with fidelity
- Utilize a neutral tone when addressing students’ challenging behaviors
- Adhere to exclusion, seclusion, and restraint regulations
- Collect required IEP and behavior data
- Implement instructional plans designed by professional staff and facilitate student learning by implementing IEP adaptations and strategies
- Engage students during academic work and non-academic activities
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- At least one (1) year working with individuals with autism highly preferred
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with Linwood staff, parents, school system personnel and other professionals.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to pass a State and Federal Background check
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
Linwood offers the following benefits to their employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
Please apply on Company's Website www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer