The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in conducting on-boarding to include new employee orientation.
- Assist the HR Director with HR projects.
- Maintenance of employee records in all related data systems to achieve compliance with State and local licensing regulations and approval requirements.
- Responsible for running annual and 90 day performance reviews and notifying supervisors of upcoming reviews as well as distributing reports to supervisors. Follow up with supervisors to make sure that overdue reviews are submitted in a timely manner.
- Process all terminations / resignations and ensure that termination letters are sent out in a timely manner. Pull all termination folders and file away in the termination file cabinets.
- Process unemployment claims by the appropriate deadline.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in administering employee benefits programs, including benefit orientations and ensuring accuracy of employee benefits data, including preparing communications and assisting employees.
- Conduct personnel file audits as necessary.
- Maintain all records and procedures for the administration process and keep up-to- date on all HR filing.
- Maintain and update weekly or monthly spreadsheets.
- Run various monthly HR reports from Ulitpro
- Ensure that employees’ information is entered in a timely manner in Ultipro, Unum, Benefit Mall, Principle Financial and any other employee related system.
- Review invoices monthly for inconsistencies and communicate with broker / representatives to remedy any errors.
- Assist and prepare for benefits open enrollments as necessary
- Assisting with and driving the implementation of a rewards and recognition program for the entire agency.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Director in designing and implementing a quarterly HR Newsletter
- Work in collaboration with the HR Director in continuing to improve on Linwood Center’s onboarding process by following up with new employees every 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Director to create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual for the HR Department.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Two to three (2-3) years’ experience in human resources with specific emphasis in recruitment, sourcing and hiring candidates.
- Experience working with people with autism and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities or a closely related human service endeavor, a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment Law.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with HRIS systems, a plus.
Linwood Center Is An Equal Opportunity Employer