FAMILY AND CONSUMER PROGRAMS MANAGER (25-28 hours)
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Howard County (NAMI HC) provides free education, advocacy and support programming for individuals and families living with mental illness and their families.
The position of Family and Consumer Programs Manager is critical to the delivery of the NAMI HC mission to improve the lives of individuals with mental illness and their families. The position requires: recruitment of program participants and volunteers, marketing and outreach, data reporting, and providing any support needed by program facilitators.
This is a part-time position performed in the NAMI HC office along with teleworking. Position requires flexible hours and includes occasional weekends and evenings. Requires regular participation and attendance at community events and meetings as they occur.
Job responsibilities include:
Education and Support Programs:
- Recruit, manage, support, data report, and outreach/market for the following NAMI recovery programs:
- Peer-to-Peer, Family to Family, and Basics education courses
- Parent, Family, and Connections support groups
- “In Our Own Voice” presentations
- Ending the Silence presentations to youth
- File program reports with NAMI MD and NAMI National at completion of every class and support groups monthly
- Liaison to state and national NAMI for changes, trainings, and initiatives related to the recovery programs, including monthly coordinator calls
- Coordinate monthly Connection support group facilitators meetings
- Coordinate and schedule “In Our Own Voice” presenters as requested
- Conduct outreach to Howard County schools to coordinate and help provide presentations to youth
- Coordinate volunteers for participation in fairs and festivals
- Liaison to community recovery programs such as On Our Own, Humanim, Way Station, hospital programs, Detention Center, Grassroots
- Participate in NAMI HC organizational and fundraising events
- Provide support and resources to callers and walk-ins (Helpline)
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Good communication - both writing and public speaking
- Organizational and Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Program coordination – Knowledge of NAMI programs preferred
- Computer skills: word processing, Power Point, Excel spreadsheets, Access database
- Interest/experience in social media and digital communications strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years’ work experience in program delivery (mental health field preferred)
Please email resume and cover letter to Denise Giuliano, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Manager Vacancy” in the subject line.