The non-profit Columbia Housing Center—whose mission is to champion and sustain thriving, racially-integrated communities in and around Columbia, Maryland—is seeking its first executive director. This position will report to a volunteer Board of Directors. The successful candidate will have a central role in representing and shaping the organization during an exciting period of growth. In keeping with COVID-19 guidelines, the Executive Director will initially work remotely. Eventually the Executive Director will be expected to be present and work in the Columbia area.
The organization aims to establish a rental referral service that advances racial integration by helping property owners find renters and renters find homes. The position is full-time with benefits; salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential functions include:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, including local leaders, funders, and landlords
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, including campaigns or events to solicit donations as well as grant writing and management
- Manage database of contacts and supporters
- Develop and implement a marketing plan
- Recruit and hire staff to launch the Center
- Administer general operations
- Plan strategically
- Lead the staff and volunteer Board of Directors in shaping a compelling vision for the Center
The Columbia Housing Center is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons of color are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about the Columbia Housing Center, visit columbiahousingcenter.org
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.