Are you looking for a new and challenging position with a mission driven organization? Do you seek opportunities to work independently as well with a highly functioning team? Are you looking for a balanced work/life opportunity? Then we want to talk with you!!
The Howard County Chamber is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Administration (DFA). The ideal candidate will have strong financial acumen, an excellent communicator, collaborator, and a team player. The DFA plays a critical and fundamental role in the daily operations of the organization and works closely with all departments. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in both strategic and some hands-on capacities; will feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that requires simultaneous attention to different projects and responsibilities; and will enjoy working across departments and with colleagues with varying levels of financial knowledge/experience. This position reports to the President/CEO.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Highly functioning team environment
- Highly reputable organization and well known in the community for networking and relationship building opportunities
- Competitive compensation starting with a base salary of up to $80K
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401K, disability, and flexible spending account
- Paid time off programs
- Professional development opportunities
SUMMARY OF WHAT WE NEED:
- Overseeing financial audits and 990 tax return preparation
- Providing oversight for institutional operating and capital budget processes including quarterly financial reprojections
- Ensuring accurate recording of all membership and sponsorship income
- Tracking and maintaining financial records for member funds including working closely with the Director of Membership to ensure donors receive accurate annual reporting
- Operations and human resource management such as administering staff benefits, onboarding new employees, assisting with new employee orientation and manage staff personal time off
- Coordinate Board of Director activities in consultation with the President/CEO and supporting the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Attending meetings and events before and/or after the normal workday as needed.
The successful candidate should have at least five years of financial accounting experience (non-profit experience preferred) with an Accounting Degree. Experience with QuickBooks required with a demonstrated fiduciary experience and in-depth knowledge of accounting rules including those specifically focused on non-profit organizations and non-profit accounting practices. Ability to travel when required (personal transportation, a valid Maryland Driver’s License, and sufficient current automobile insurance is required).
The Howard County Chamber is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this posting describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role. Please send a cover letter and resume to Leonardo McClarty – email@example.com with “Director of Finance” and your first and last name in the subject line. No phone calls please.