The Director of Adult Services is responsible for ensuring that the overall effective operation of Linwood’s adult services programs are in an accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing program operations, including the financial, medical, business and safety aspects of the programs. The Director of Adult Services oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the residential, vocational and day habilitation programs, including ensuring (a) the safety of the individuals in the program, (b) the enforcement of all regulations and standards as mandated by the Developmental Disabilities Administration and (c) the enforcement of all agency policies and program procedures. In concert with the Adult Services Director, he/she shall provide leadership and implement new programmatic initiatives. The Director of Adult Services will manage the Director of Employment and Community Integration and adult residential program managers and provide coordination for the management team. He/She will provide programmatic support, guidance and supervision to the staff and program participants and is responsible for the delegation of responsibilities necessary to effectively implement the program. He/she, along with the Adult Services management team shall also serve as liaison to Adult Services partners, and work with Linwood’s Executive Director to keep the Board of Directors abreast of all programmatic strategies and challenges. The Director of Adult Services shall cultivate existing relationships with public and private funders. The Adult Services Director of Programs and Services is directly responsible to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assuring that the adult services programs meet or exceed all licensing requirements and that all federal, state and local regulations are met.
- Working with Human Resources to ensure that all policies and procedures are effectively and consistently enforced within the Adult Services.
- Assuring the proper management of staff, including training, performance evaluation, ongoing supervision, support, guidance and disciplinary action.
- Ensuring optimal enrollment in all programs. This includes recruiting new program participants and working with families, service coordinators, school systems and DDA.
- Assuring that the program operates within an approved budget.
- Assuring that all staff in the adult program meet or exceed DDA requirements, that staff obtain all required trainings within specified and required timelines and that all documents pertaining to staff are up-to-date and properly filed.
- Participating in clinical meetings and medication reviews and/or coordinating the attendance of appropriate staff at these meetings.
- Facilitating family and community involvement, as appropriate.
- Assuring that all physical facilities are hazard-free and that all vehicles are properly maintained.
- Oversight in assuring that all required documents pertaining to the individuals in the program are up-to-date, properly filed and submitted on time to the appropriate agencies.
- Assuring that emergency evacuation procedures are posted and understood, and that all drills are conducted and documented according to regulation.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Linwood’s Continuous Quality Assurance Plan and assuring compliance with the plan.
- Assuring that Individual Plan meetings are convened within required timelines and that they are conducted according to DDA requirements.
- Oversight in the development of the IP and Behavior Plans and oversight of the implementation and documentation of these plans.
- Managing all issues related to individuals’ benefits including but not limited to: SSA, Medicare, Medicaid, Dental Insurance, etc.
- Ensuring that each program participant receives appropriate medical and dental care, that medications are administered according to the Board of Nursing regulations and that any individual who may require emergency care or treatment receives this in a timely and appropriate manner.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- The Director of Adult Services must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least five years’ experience working as a supervisor or administrator and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- He/she must also demonstrate an understanding of adult rights and self-determination and assure that Linwood’s program participants are afforded these rights.
- A skill set that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with staff, parents, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening process which includes fingerprinting for state and national background checks, driving record check, physical exam, TB testing, drug testing etc.
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer