Linwood Center has an immediate need for a Behavior Specialist (BCBA) at their School's location in Ellicott City. The Behavior Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of special behavioral programming for the students and residents in Linwood Center’s programs, in support of educational programming. S/he shall provide services that will assist the Linwood School team in improving the educational performance and daily functioning of the students. The Behavior Specialist shall spend time in all school settings, including classrooms, lunchrooms, and occasionally in the residences or in the community in order to (a) obtain information to develop an FBA and BIP, and (b) provide direct support and instruction to the instructional and support staff. The Behavior Specialist consults with more experienced practitioners and is able to communicate effectively with instructional and support staff, and family, translating technical psychological and behavioral concepts into layperson’s language. The Behavior Specialist teaches others to carry out ethical and effective behavior analytic interventions informed by published research; and, designs and delivers instruction in behavior analysis consistent with Linwood’s methods and practices. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts functional behavior assessments.
- Develops and manages behavior intervention plans, including coordinating these plans with residential staff and occasionally with families.
- Develops and manages data collection systems.
- Assists with the training and orientation of teachers, support staff and other service personnel.
- Conducts in-service trainings.
- Participates in case conferences and various IEP meetings.
- Assists in communication with families, referral, and placing agency representatives.
- Works independently and as a team member, making sound judgments and decisions in collaboration with Linwood’s education program leaders, and effectively prioritizing work assignments.
- Organizes and communicates work-related information to the general public, families and staff, in person, on the telephone and through electronic communication.
- Develops, maintains and submits documentation of services in accordance with State and Federal requirements to receive reimbursement for services.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’s Degree or higher in behavior analysis, psychology, or related discipline preferred.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification is preferred. BCaBAs or those pursuing a BCBA certification may also be considered.
- A minimum of two years proven successful experience in implementing, designing and overseeing behavior analysis services for individuals with autism.
- Ability to communicate with and provide direct assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities who are having behavioral challenges.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License without restrictions and with minimal violations
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening process which includes fingerprinting for state and national background checks, driving record check, physical exam, lift test (including lift test and drug screen) and TB (tuberculosis/mantoux) screening.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidate must be able to pass a State and Federal Background check
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual/Sick/Personal Leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Match
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance
- Bereavement Leave
Please apply on Linwood Center's website at: www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer