The Behavior Specialist (BCBA) is responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of special behavioral programming for the residents in Linwood Center’s Children’s residential Program. S/he shall provide services that will assist the Linwood Residential staff in improving the daily functioning of the children. The Behavior Specialist will coordinate with the school in developing and implementing the children’s behavior plans to assure consistency. The Behavior Specialist shall effectively develop and implement appropriate assessment and intervention methods individualized to the particular child and useful in both familiar and unfamiliar situations. S/he shall integrate Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP) into the work product and process. S/he shall provide behavior analytic interpretations of the results. The Behavior Specialist shall design and supervise BIPs that are based on the practice of Positive Behavior Supports. The Behavior Specialist shall spend time in the residences or in the community in order to (a) obtain information to develop an FBA and BIP, and (b) provide direct support and instruction to the support staff. The work hours will include evenings and weekends while the children are at home and in the community. The Behavior Specialist consults with more experienced practitioners and is able to communicate effectively with instructional and support staff, and family, translating technical psychological and behavioral concepts into layperson’s language. The Behavior Specialist teaches others to carry out ethical and effective behavior analytic interventions informed by published research; and, designs and delivers instruction in behavior analysis consistent with Linwood’s methods and practices. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts functional behavior assessments.
- Develops and manages behavior intervention plans, including coordinating these plans with residential staff and occasionally with families.
- Develops and manages data collection systems.
- Assists with the training and orientation of the residential assistants, support staff, and other service personnel.
- Conducts in-service training.
- Participates in case conferences and various meetings.
- Assists in communication with families, referrals, and placing agency representatives.
- Works independently and as a team member, making sound judgments and decisions in collaboration with Linwood’s residential program leaders, and effectively prioritizing work assignments.
- Organizes and communicates work-related information to the general public, families, and staff, in person, on the telephone, and through electronic communication.
- Develops, maintains, and submits documentation of services in accordance with State and Federal requirements to receive reimbursement for services.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Master’s Degree or higher in behavior analysis, psychology, or related discipline preferred.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification or comparable.
- A minimum of two years of proven successful experience in implementing, designing, and overseeing behavior analysis services for individuals with autism.
- Ability to communicate with and provide direct assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities who are having behavioral challenges.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License without restrictions and with minimal violations
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening process which includes fingerprinting for state and national background checks, driving record check, physical exam, lift test (including lift test and drug screen), and TB (tuberculosis/Mantoux) screening. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Linwood offers the following benefits to their employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
Please apply on Company's Website www.linwoodcenter.org Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.