The Arc of Howard is looking for an Administrative Specialist to join our Team. Is helping others your calling? Then this is your home away from home. Please read to the bottom. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with some occasional evenings. Apply Today!
Who we are:
The Arc Howard way includes four guiding principles that are the cornerstones of our organization. These principles reflect our priorities and are our guideposts to embrace the meaning of our mission. The guiding principles are: Person-Centered Approach, Community-Based Experiences, Support and Training.
"Achieving full community life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities - one person at a time" Come and join our team!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Administrative Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Provides various office and cross-program services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, policies, monitoring administrative projects, and staff.
Administrative Specialist Job Duties:
- Maintains administrative workflow by studying methods, exploring cost saving measures and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices. Evaluate current administrative personnel and delegate duties according to need, efficiency and skill level. Implement changes when procedures are modified.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information, identifying issues, and communicate solutions.
- Maintains good working rapport with the people we support, Directors, and Employees. Institutes best practices by researching and developing new procedures, setting priorities and resolving problem situations.
- Serves as the Board of Directors administrative liaison and assists the Executive Director with administrative needs. Responsible for transcribing confidential minutes for various meetings, before and after regular office hours on an as needed basis.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management, discovering irregularities and determining continuing needs.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines. Communicates all developments to Management.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources. This may include the redesigning of systems and/or recommending a reorganization of existing administrative resources.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes department and organizational mission by completing related results as needed, including other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write basic correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, families and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to problem-solve with issues involving, at times, limited concrete variables. Must be able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.