Linwood Center is currently hiring for an Administrative Assistant located in Ellicott City. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat professional attitude. The Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Senior Business Director and perform other administrative functions necessary for the successful operation of the Business Department and Linwood Center overall.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the worker’s compensation process.
- Handle administrative requests and queries from the Senior Business Director
- Preparing, creating and modifying documents including drafting official letters, various correspondences, reports, drafts, memos, emails etc.
- Responsibility includes reviewing vehicle maintenance logs for accuracy.
- The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for other administrative tasks including frequent monitoring of Linwood’s video cameras.
- Maintaining confidentiality of records
- Must have the willingness to learn and assist in other areas within Linwood Center if necessary.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate Degree preferred
- Must have at least two (2) years proven admin or assistant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Position requires attention to detail and must be able to problem solve
- Must demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing the English language, including proficiency with grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Word – must demonstrate the ability to create and modify documents and to apply basic business formatting to written content
- Microsoft Excel – must demonstrated the ability to create and format spreadsheets and to manipulate data to achieve specific results
- Microsoft Outlook – must demonstrate the ability to create and share calendars and maintain a Contacts list
- Ability to use the internet and other tools to conduct basic research
- Must have a professional appearance and demonstrate a skillset that includes the ability to interface in a professional manner with staff, parents, school system personnel, other professionals and visitors in general
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer