The Accounts Payable Assistant performs the day-to-day accounting functions of the Agency. He/ she is responsible for completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable Assistant is also responsible for ensuring that all invoices including the monthly benefit invoices are correct and free of errors prior to processing for payments. He/ she is also responsible for charging expenses to various accounts and programs by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries etc.
The Accounts Payable Assistant must possess the requisite skills necessary to ensure that Linwood’s standards for excellence are met or exceeded. The Accounting Payable Assistant directly reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes accounts payable.
- Processes monthly invoices.
- Work in conjunction with the Accounting Assistant (payroll) to review all monthly benefit invoices for accuracy.
- Manages general ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Printing checks and issuing credit card payments.
- Daily Accounts Payable reconciliation of sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Process Vendor Credit Applications
- Maintain up-to-date records (bank info, statement etc.)
- Ensures invoices are paid in a timely manner and that all documentation is verified.
- Provides information to management in areas such as, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other accounting functions.
- Collect and report attendance for Adult programs and accrual of revenue based on attendance data.
- Prepare MSDE cost sheet for students.
- Scanning, filing and document retention.
- Assists with the preparation of audit schedules and related supporting documentation.
- Works cooperatively with the Business Director and CFO, and collaborating with Human Resources and other staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Performs general office duties, assists with daily projects and performs other duties as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School/GED is required. Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of experience processing Accounts Payable or working as an Accounting Assistant.
- Must have experience and/or demonstrate competence in accounting and financial matters, including accounts payable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required, including proficiency with advanced functions of Microsoft Excel. Experience with Quick Books Accounting Software is preferred.
- Must also demonstrate analytical and organizational skills with superior attention to detail and an ability to set priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date records (bank info, W-9 forms, statement of account, etc.)
Linwood Center currently offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Annual/Sick/Personal Leave
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Match
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance
- Bereavement Leave
Pay: $19.00 per hour
Please apply for opportunity on Company Website at www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.