The Accounting Assistant (Accounts Payable) performs the day-to-day accounting functions of the Agency. He/she must possess the requisite skills necessary to ensure that Linwood’s standards for excellence are met or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes accounts payable.
- Processes monthly invoices.
- Manages general ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Ensures invoices are paid in a timely manner and that all documentation is verified.
- Provides information to management in areas such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other accounting functions.
- Collect and report attendances for Adult programs and accrual of revenue based on attendance data.
- Prepare MSDE cost sheet for students
- Scanning, filing and document retention.
- Assists with the preparation of audit schedules and related supporting documentation.
- Works cooperatively with the Business Director and CFO, and collaborating with the Human Resources Director and other staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Performs general office duties, assists with daily projects and performs other duties as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or two years of coursework in related subjects.
- Must have experience and/or demonstrate competence in accounting and financial matters, including accounts payable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required, including proficiency with advanced functions of Microsoft Excel. Experience with QuickBooks accounting Software is preferred.
- Must also demonstrate analytical and organizational skills with superior attention to detail and an ability to set priorities.
- Candidate must be able to pass a State and Federal Background check
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test.
Linwood offers the following benefits to their employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance & Supplemental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability Insurance
Please apply for opportunity on Company Website at www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.