Free Nutrition Session from Maryland University of Integrative Health
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH) is offering free online sessions with a nutrition student. Students in the master of nutrition program conduct complimentary mock nutrition consultations with individuals which will provide the participant with an understanding of the comprehensive care which can be received from integrative nutritionists.
As part of the experiential phase of their program, each student in our Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health program is required to complete one-on-one mock nutrition consultations.
As a mock client in this program:
– You will be assigned a nutrition student for one mock nutrition consultation
– Your student-nutritionist will contact you to set up your first appointment
– Appointments will take place between the weeks of January 5 and April 5, 2020
– The mock nutrition consultation will be conducted via Skype at a time that is convenient for you and the student
– The mock nutrition consultation will last 1-2 hours
– These mock nutrition consultations provide a comprehensive nutrition assessment to include:
– Completion of detailed Intake Questionnaire with 3-day food journal
– Health and dietary evaluation
– Review of body system and symptom burden
– Nutrition-focused physical exam
– Nutrition education based on findings
– Integrative discussion on healthy lifestyle habits including sleep, stress, and physical activity
The nutrition consultations are considered “mock” because individualized recommendations are not provided due to state licensing laws. Your participation is for educational purposes only and will provide you with an understanding of the comprehensive nutrition care one can receive from integrative nutritionists. Nutrition consultations are strictly confidential.* The option for follow-up care is available through the on-campus student teaching clinic for a discounted rate at the Natural Care Center in Laurel, MD or with the online student outside the confines of this course.
To participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mock Client” in the subject line. Please indicate in your email where you saw this announcement.
Please note that these nutrition consultations are not meant to be a substitute for medical advice. You will not receive instructions or recommendations for specific diets or exercise plans.
*Nutrition consultations are not recorded.There will be two classmates observing the live session via Skype, and a faculty member will review the written assignment completed using the client information provided. This is required for students to be evaluated and receive academic credit for the consultation.