To help connect you with the resources you need during this trying time ACS is working to keep you updated on policy developments at the County, State and Federal levels. On this page you will find resources about the CARES Act, the Paycheck Protection Program and other resources for nonprofits to adjust to working from home, leading remote staff and conducting an emergency readiness assessment. Check your inbox for our upcoming financial health assessment webinar tailored to Howard County's nonprofits.
The coronavirus pandemic has dramatically affected all our lives and impacts nonprofits differently than other entities. ACS is being asked to provide information to funders, local government and community leaders about the needs of our nonprofits and their clients. Please provide as much specificity as possible to document the need and to allow us to track the impact of this crisis and the measures that are being to address it. This survey is coming soon via email and will be posted here. We kindly request that you send it to us as quickly as possible.
Due to concerns about the coronavirus and the well-being and safety of our community, ACS Events and Member Events planned for April and May may have been canceled, delayed or brought to a virtual format. Please contact the organizations hosting the event you have signed up for or are interested in attending for more information.
Click on the following ink for details on common issues employers and employees face when responding to influenza, pandemics, or other public health emergencies, and their effects on wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
Tips for Working Remotely
During this time of heightened anxiety and uncertainty, Sheppard Pratt is available for mental health needs. They have expanded offerings and resources to ensure they can continue to meet your needs during the coronavirus pandemic.
Volunteers for Howard County
Information coming soon.
- COVID-19 Nonprofit Federal Financial Assistance Resources - Key Consideration on Loan Programs via the CARES Act (based on U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation webinar.
- The Paycheck Protection Program as part of the CARES Act makes some businesses, including nonprofits with less than 500 employees, eligible for loans with complete forgiveness for up to 2.5 times their monthly payroll if they maintain or restore their payroll. Banks will begin accepting applications on April 3rd.
Borrower Fact Sheet
- Nonprofit Centers Network Analysis of S. 748 - the Corona Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave...
- Eligibility for coronavirus checks
- Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19: What you need to know