"We're in the same storm, but not all in the same boat."
To help connect you with the resources you need ACS is working to keep you updated on policy developments at the County, State and Federal levels. We will continue to research and share resources to help you achieve your missions.
Tips for Working Remotely
Free courses to improve work performance. Have a little downtime between webinars? Check out these free courses from Tech Soup to gain new skills. Not a member of Tech Soup yet? Nonprofits can join free.
- Pivoting to Remote Work: COVID-19 Response, Course Track for Nonprofits
This track is normally $110, but is currently free to nonprofits. Read more.
- Teams for Nonprofits - Collaboration Tools
This three course track includes a free Getting Started course, an advanced course and a special Ask the Expert session. It normally costs $70, but is currently free to help staff that are working remotely. Read more.
- Excel for Nonprofits - Data Management and Reporting
Free 6-track course to learn how to use Excel to manage your data and effectively report your impact. Read more.
- Word for Nonprofits - Document Management
Free 4-track course to learn how to use Word to create compelling documents that can best tell your organization's story. Read more.
- PowerPoint for Nonprofits - Creating powerful Presentations
Free 3-track course on PowerPoint. Learn how to create powerful and compelling presentations to share your impact stories. Read more.
- OneDrive 101
Learn the basics of using OneDrive to store, sync and share your organization's files. Read more.
Health and Mental Health
University of Maryland Medical System has recorded a three-part webinar series, "Not All Wounds are Visible: A Community Conversation about Mental Health and COVID-19." Read more.
Sheppard Pratt is offering a Virtual Walk-In Clinic during this time of heightened anxiety and uncertainty as well as expanded offerings and resources to ensure they can continue to meet your needs during the coronavirus pandemic.
Howard County General Hospital Accepting
COVID-19 Response Donations
Howard Hospital Foundation, which provides philanthropic support to Howard County General Hospital, is accepting donations to support their COVID-19 Response initiative. Read more.
Maryland Health Connection
Easy Enrollment Program
Uninsured Maryland state tax filers have a unique opportunity to get information about enrolling in health coverage when they file 2019 taxes. File your state taxes by July 15 and check a box on your tax form (502 and 502B) to authorize the Comptroller of Maryland to share information from the tax return with the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange. Read more.
Click on the following ink for details on common issues employers and employees face when responding to influenza, pandemics, or other public health emergencies, and their effects on wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
Volunteers for Howard County
Information coming soon.
- COVID-19 Nonprofit Federal Financial Assistance Resources - Key Consideration on Loan Programs via the CARES Act (based on U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation webinar.
- The Paycheck Protection Program as part of the CARES Act makes some businesses, including nonprofits with less than 500 employees, eligible for loans with complete forgiveness for up to 2.5 times their monthly payroll if they maintain or restore their payroll. Banks will begin accepting applications on April 3rd.
Borrower Fact Sheet
- Nonprofit Centers Network Analysis of S. 748 - the Corona Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave...
- Eligibility for coronavirus checks
- Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19: What you need to know
Howard County Updates
Fraud Alert - Unemployment Insurance
The Office of Inspector General at the U.S. Department of Labor released an Alert on Thursday, April 16 about how to avoid having your personal information used fraudulently without your permission. Read more.