- 5999 Harpers Farm Road, Ste. E-200, Columbia, Maryland
- February 21, 2020
Receptionist & Front Office Coordinator
FIRN is a nonprofit located in Columbia, Maryland that empowers immigrants, refugees, asylees and other foreign-born individuals and families with legal, social, and language services. We are seeking a Receptionist & Front Office Coordinator to support all reception and front office duties.
The Receptionist and Front Office Coordinator will be a vital part of FIRN’s growing service offering making sure the “customer journey” of all who contact and interact with FIRN have an exceptional experience. S/he will greet, assist, and provide direction to serve the inquiries and requests of callers and visitors (post-COVID). We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box and can come up with workflow improvements for this area and has a vocation for service. This is a FT, hourly, non-exempt position. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts him or her to the appropriate location.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes messages and schedules appointments.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Performs data entry in our customer relationship software
- Performs donation registry in Salesforce. Salesforce knowledge desired, but not required.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Performs other duties.
Programs: S/he may occasionally support program duties that include:
- Process intakes and payments for walk-in translation requests
- Enter translators’ payments into the payroll system
- Complete initial immigration client intake and input into INSZoom
- Process payments of immigration clients and weekly deposits for the organization
- Tend to immigration client phone calls, including screening for client need, appointment scheduling, relaying basic messages from clients to the legal team and answering basic inquiries from clients at the direction of the legal team.
- Process incoming immigration mail by entering into INSZoom and contacting clients as needed to advise of notices related to their cases
- Assist with data collection and reporting for grants and internal reports
- Manage file retention program and assist with client file requests
- Assist in management of interns and volunteers when appropriate and as needed
- Assist and participate in FIRN outreach/community events
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
In addition to the skills above, the Receptionist and Front Office Coordinator should be creative and adaptive in meeting the needs of clients in today’s COVID19 environment, excelling in his/her role as a problem solver as s/he addresses the administrative demands of our front office that count on a successful experience and outcomes for those we serve.
The position will be supervised by the COO. This is a non-exempt position.
Education and Experience Requirements
HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree multi-lingual candidates preferred: Spanish is required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Compensation & Benefits
FIRN offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous leave, and a retirement plan.
If you share FIRN’s vision and possess the necessary qualifications, please send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and a resume to email@example.com.
FIRN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing or service in the military.