Youth Development Coalition of Howard CountyPurpose
The purpose of the Youth Development Coalition is to promote positive youth development and success. We are a network of public and private, non-profit agencies collaborating to improve the continuum of programs and services available to children, youth and their families
The Coalition is most successful when we focus on:
- Coordinating and collaborating on resources, programs, and outreach.
- Identifying gaps and approaches to fill those gaps.
Areas of Interest to the Coalition
Academic intervention by trained teachers outside the regular school day (e.g. extended day and school year programs, homework assistance, and tutoring sponsored by HCPSS)
- Before and after school programs and summer camps
- Basic needs of families
- Early childhood education and school readiness
- Family support services
- Health and mental health services for pregnant women, infants, children, youth and their families
- Mentoring (school-based and community-based)
- Recreation and enrichment programs (athletics, the arts, clubs and interest groups)
- Volunteer and work experiences for youth
The Coalition generally meets the second Thursday of the month. There is an annual Professional Networking Event held in November.
For more information or to join the Coalition contact firstname.lastname@example.org